Tuesday 12 February 2013

Village Elder


               So I was standing under the shade of a Neem tree talking to my supervisor, Issahaku, as one of our village elders walked over. He sat on the bench behind me, his back to me. I turned, greeted him, and turned back to my conversation.

                A minute later I heard a noise. A noise similar to pouring water out of a cup. I turned around, thought he was emptying a water sachet. I turned back to my conversation, saw the look of surprise on my supervisors face and I knew when I turned back around I would know the truth. The truth this ekder was sitting there pee’ing just a foot behind me. I turned to Issahaku, we both shrugged to each other and continued with our conversation.

                A few minutes later when the elder got up to leave I realized he was only wearing a smock. No shoes, no pants, nothing but a smock.

                I turned back to Issahaku, shrugged, and continued with our conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment